I’ve been busy! Can ya tell? I want to start so many new projects that I thought it’d be important to finish off some of those WIPs I’ve had sitting on my bars.
First up: the Portland Pullover from IK Fall 2006. I’m not crazy about the fit. It’s definitely for one of those super cold days when you want to wear something OVER your turtleneck. Plus it’s mohair…and it’s NOT Suri Dream so it’s scratchy as all get out. Last time I use La Gran Mohair for a garment.
Next up: Totally Tubular! I had this thing sitting in my WIP pile for almost a year now! I needed to get it OFF my list! I think it was the oldest WIP…either that or the freakin fleck socks! It’s OBVIOUSLY not meant for me as it doesn’t fit! HA! It was meant for another friend who got sort of distant so I scratched that idea and offered it to my Comadre (Gian’s Godmother) Auris. I showed it to her unfinished, she liked it, so it gave me some inspiration to finish it. Once I present it to her I’ll post a pic of her wearing it as it will look much nicer on her petite form.
Here’s the Baby Hoodie all assembled now! Thanks to the tips from the Knitter’s Book of Finishing Techniques. Also, Gian modelling the Diagonal Baby Blanket that I never got to post a proper picture of.
BTW: Necia had asked in a comment if I’d made any mods to the Clapotis. The only mod I made was that I did two less repeat of Section 2 increases. I did all 13 repeats of the straight section. Once I block it, we’ll know what size it REALLY is!