Holiday knitting is running rampant around all blogs. I needed to do a few myself. My favorite so far is the noble cowl for my Big Boss attorney.
It’s modeled here by the gorgeous Amy (vespagirl on Rav). I used Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool in a beautiful charcoal gray. The pin is from Nicholas and Felice (my new favorite shawl pin etsy shop). I purchased several as gifts this year. I LOVE them.
So, how is your holiday knitting coming along?
A Noble Cowl
- Source: Emily Kausalik (Free Rav download link)
- Size: Largest
- Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool (0.92 skeins, 177 yds)
- Color: Charcoal
- Needles: US 7 for a looser drape (the pattern calls for size 6)
- Cost: $4.83 for the yarn, $18 plus shipping for the pin, the kick-ass combined gift (IMHO): PRICELESS!
- Started: December 3, 2008
- Finished: December 6, 2008
- Mods: The OCD in me changed the k2tog in the beginning of the lace sections to ssk’s to mirror each other.