If you’re like me, you have a bunch of single skeins in your stash that half the time you don’t know what to do with. Most are probably hand-painted yarns that are difficult to find patterns for.
I can help with a few of those.
Let me introduce D’Lado – a quick hat and cowl set from ONE SKEIN of Brooks Farm Solo Silk.
That’s right, one skein for BOTH of these.
The hat starts off with an I-cord edging. You pick up stitches and knit a twisted rib. Then follow the charts along to create a cute swirl at the top with hidden crown decreases.
The cowl is knit as if it were a scarf, back and forth, with built-in I-cord edges. You then seam the back to create the cowl.
Both of these will take you about 3 days total.
So, pull out your most gorgeous, soft, handpainted yarns and get to knitting!!
D’Lado – A Hat & Cowl Set
- Source: Rosi G.
- Yarn: Brooks Farm Solo Silk (about 220 yds for the hat and 184 yds for the cowl)
- Cost: I got the skein at Rhinebeck for $18 – that means a hat AND cowl for $18, ya’ll!!
- Needles: US 7 for the cowl; US 6 and 7 16″ circular and dpns for the hat.
- Started: December 20, 2008
- Finished: December 23, 2008