I’ve been fighting with my Anastasia socks for the entire Socktoberfest. BUT I should be finished this weekend.
Here are pix of my Koigu anklets. I forgot about these! Just a generic toe-up pattern. I did them one at a time tho so I didn’t realize that I would have yarn leftover, thus I COULD’VE made them taller. I stopped at a point Necia would love! HA!
Here’s my Sock Meme!
- When did you start making socks? Did you teach yourself or were you taught by a friend or relative? or in a class?
I actually taught myself how to make socks about a year and a half ago. I learned from the net and from books.
- What was your first pair? How have they “held up” over time?
I made my first pair using lion brand wool-ease I believe. NOT pretty! I don’t even wear them!
- What would you have done differently?
I certainly would not have used the wool-ease and therefore would not have needed to use size FIVE dpns!
- What yarns have you particularly enjoyed?
I like Koigu altho I’m a bit annoyed that it seems to felt at the bottom. I don’t like Kroy at all! Not happy with how thick that yarn is. Trekking is a very nice yarn. KP Dancing, while the socks are nice it’s just way too much yardage and too thin. I have a crapload of other yarns in my stash that I haven’t tried yet but can’t wait to get them on needles.
- Do you like to crochet your socks? or knit them on DPNs, 2 circulars, or using the Magic Loop method?
I LOVE Magic Loop. Two at once usually.
- Which kind of heel do you prefer? (flap? or short-row?)
I like short-row heels but I LOOOOVE the flap heel used on the Baudelaire socks.
- How many pairs have you made?
You’re making me count, huh?? Let’s see: 1 anklet for me & 1 for Esmie, 2 bad ones for me, 2 really good ones for me, 1 semi-good one for me, 1 good ones for Alex, 4 so-cute ones for Gian, if Angora Baby Booties count as socks, then those too. So I guess that’s 12 or 13, pending decision on the Booties. 😀 I don’t think I left any out…