Back in September, my boss commissioned me to do some knitting for her as a holiday gift for her sister. From this, Wrapped-About was born.
Be it Barney’s or the Dollar Mart, Rich Housewife or struggling single mom. Stay fashionably wrapped while you’re out and about. The only requirement for this pattern is the wearer MUST be GROWN AND SEXY!
- Source: Rosi G.
- Size Shown: Fabulous
- Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, 9 (10) skeins
- Color: Charcoal
- Needles: US 7 24″ or 32″ circulars; and, US 7 dpns
- Gauge: 5 stitches and 7 rows = 1 inch in Stockinette
- Started: September 17, 2008
- Finished: December 3, 2008
- Notes: This wrap is knit sideways, with the two halves meeting in the center back. Elizabeth Zimmerman’s “thumb trick” is used to insert scrap yarn where the sleeves go. Later, this yarn is removed, the stitches are picked up and the sleeves are knit down in the round. The pattern is written for two sizes: Fabulous and Extra Fabulous (all instructions for Extra Fab are in parenthesis).