Oh, yeah. My obsession with fair isle. I’ve done plenty of work on the Ivy League Vest and I’ve done traded off a bunch of my stash for a massive amount of Cascade 220. I had an entire post ready about what’s caught my eye in fair isle, but I was a bit distracted by these pictures:
He fills out that sweater quite well doesn’t he? Sigh….My better half lovingly wearing a sweater I made for him – makes me fall in love all over again!
85-6 Pullover in Alaska and Silke-Tweed (geesh what a long name! I like to call it “Tano’s Cabled Turtleneck”)
- Source: Drops Design
- Size: XXL
- Yarn: Queensland Collection Uruguay Chunky (17.6 skeins, ~1285 yds)
- Color: Sandy Beige #111
- Needles: US 10
- Gauge: 4 sts = 1”, 28 rows = 12 cm
- Cost: $45.40
- Started: October 26, 2008
- Finished: February 16, 2008
- Mods: None really except for using the same size needle throughout the entire sweater (instead of doing the ribbing with a smaller size).