Meet Fwed the Monkey.
Ever since Hadda came over to my house with her son and his sock monkey, I’ve been wanting to make one for Gian. You see, Gian wanted to keep the poor little boy’s monkey!!
So, Fwed was born. No, that’s not a typo. My 3-year-old can’t quite pronounce the r’s yet. :o)
I can’t say enough good things about Yvonne Knits’ toy patterns. They’re sooo easy to do. You can work them flat or in-the-round using DPNS or ML. For Fwed, I did ML.
Don’t you just love his kah-yute wittle face???
Gian is happy with Fwed, the Monkey.
- Source: Yvonne Knits
- Size: one size fits all
- Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece (I LOVE this yarn for kids’ stuff)
- Color: MC (Olivette) – 146 yds, CC1 (Antique Lace) – 28 yds, CC2 (Blue Paradise) – 11 yds; about 185 yds total.
- Needles: US 3, 32″ circular
- Gauge: not really important
- Cost: Cost for yarn: $5.73, buttons: 50c, stuffing: ~50c. Total cost: $6.73
- Started: July 19, 2009
- Finished: July 21, 2009
- Mods: none, except for working ITR instead of flat