I had more than enough yarn left over from my Bounce hat to make this cute scarf!
Garter Stitch Loop-Through Scarf
- Source: 101 One-Skein Wonders
- Yarn: Fleece Artist Kid Silk 2-ply (113 yds)
- Needles: US 9
- Started: September 27, 2008
- Finished: September 28, 2008 (could’ve been done in one day but I started really late)
- Mods: I only did yo’s on the tips of the scarf. Since I was using larger needles and thicker yarn, I only increased to 22 sts.
A perfect Friday evening knit! After a few hours I had this gorgeous hat (modeled by my 10-yr-old daughter, Esmie).
The yarn was a gift from my friend Alyson (aka The Yoyo). It marinated in my stash for over a year before I finally found the perfect pattern for it! This was definitely it.
I couldn’t be more pleased. Aren’t the colors gorgeous? All my favorite autumn browns. And the softness is INCREDIBLE! Doesn’t this make you want to reach out and squeeze Esmie’s head?
Thanks for the kick-ass pattern, John!
- Source: John Brinegar, Yarn Ball Boogie
- Size: One-Size
- Yarn: Fleece Artist Kid-Silk 2-ply (unfortunately discontinued), I used 152 yards.
- Color: Dunno but it’s all my favorite autumn colors
- Needles: US 10 and 10.5
- Gauge: Oh, sorry, I didn’t bother with gauge cuz the hat is meant to be bouncy.
- Cost: Not sure on this one cuz the yarn was a gift.
- Started & Finished: September 26, 2008, completed in a few hours.
- Mods: None
I had fun reading all of your comments on my post about the lady at my knitting group. There’s nothing like reading that your friends have your back. Yea, she’s kind of kooky. I figured I’d better just laugh or I’d probably end up smacking her and that probably wouldn’t look so good. 😉 Plus, I really do think she has a few (or all) screws loose.
And to show my appreciation to all my buddies here’s my new free pattern, Mi Mooi Scarf.
When you find a skein of luxury yarn with low yardage that costs you an arm and a leg, you usually only buy one.
Then you let it marinate in your stash until you find THE perfect pattern for it. Something that will use up every inch and that you can wear close to you to enjoy every minute of this yarn.
Well, look no further! Mi Mooi was created especially for those almost-prohibitively expensive skeins.
I’m offering the pattern for free because, well, you already spent enough on the yarn! :o)
Mi Mooi Scarf
- Source: Rosi G.
- Size: approx. 55″ long and 8″ wide
- Yarn: Louet Mooi Laceweight, 1 skein
- Color: Shown here in Amber
- Needles: US 4
- Cost: $49 (pricey, but, oooh, so worth it!)
- Started: July 21, 2008
- Finished: July 31, 2008
- Download it here