Hey, everyone. I’ve been AWOL for a bit because we’ve been busy moving to the new apartment. We’ve brought some things over, yet not all. Why is it that the more you pack up the more you seem to find? UGH! The big move is this weekend on Saturday. So our first night in the new apartment will be that day! I’m sooo excited. After everything is set up, I will take pix.
In the meantime, I have a new banner!! What do ya’ll think?? Isn’t it GAWWWJUS??? It was created by my buddy Turtlegirl who apparently had lots of fun creating it (read about it on her blog, which is full of yarn pr0n by the way – LOOOOVE it!).
Here’s a new FO for you: My So Called Scarf in Malabrigo – colorway is Oro y Vino. It’s gorgeous isn’t it?? Sooo soft and cuddly. If it doesn’t pill too bad after a month of NYC use, I’ll maybe make a throw out of this yarn or something else I can cuddle up in with Tano. 😀 I used one skein and it came out to 53.5″ after it stretched a bit when I put it on as soon as I cast off. LOL (Sorry for the crappy pic. NO sun this morning!! I would take one of myself wearing it but I look like shit right now so that won’t happen until I look presentable!)
As I’ve been running back and forth to the new apartment this past week, I’ve been carrying around my blue Lantern Moon Diamond Tote with two projects: the scarf and the socks. It also has my Elmo wallet and some odds and ends – pens, keys, Lip Smoothers, etc. So, whyyy do I feel like I’ve been lifting weights at the gym with Tano??
That’s when I realized my notion bag is in there too!! I must have one of the fattest, well-stocked notion bags this side of the Brooklyn Bridge! GEEEZE! It’s heavier than any makeup bag I’ve ever carried. Although I’ve never been one to wear a lot of makeup…but STILL! This thing weighs….AH! See, that’s where the contest comes in! 😉
For anyone that can guess the weight of my notions bag as close as you can get to it, there is a special gift package that I will prepare for you and send off full of yarn and soapy riches! You must come within 0.5 oz of the weight in order to win. 😉
What’s inside of it?
- a Peg It Knitting Counter
- a needle sizer
- circular cutting pendant
- a couple of metal stitch holders
- clicking row counter
- folding ruler
- chibi needle case with about 6 needles
- several of each of two sizes plastic stitch holders
- a pen
- two row counters that you hand on the needle
- the thingie to make my I-cords on the knitting nobby
- folding scissors
- a crapload of cable needles in various shapes and sizes
- several crochet hooks in different sizes
- two metal hooks which are destined to be put inside future purses to hang my keys
- one package of the KnitPicks Options needles end caps and tightening key
- one retractable measuring tape (the soft kind)
- one retractable tape measure (the hard kind)
- 3 packages of stitch markers (handmade especially for me by my good friend Laurie of Sweet Cheeks Co. and soft rings ones – both my faves!!!)
- 1 package of handmade row markers(also made by Laurie)
Here’s some close up picks for your perusal:
Does anyone know of any other important notions that I may need? I already have a WPI (Wraps per inch) tool coming from Knit Picks.
And YES I do use all of this you see pictured here. Not all at once – but since I always have a bunch of projects going, it’s good to have everything I MAY need in one place.
I’ll let the contest run until after I move. International contestants are welcome, too!! I should have net connection again sometime next week. I’ll be connected until Saturday and then after that gotta wait for the cable guy to come hook me up….LITERALLY! HA! So tune in next week to see which of you lucky contestants has won the grand prize!